You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at MPC Heating & Cooling have put together some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the new temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your MPC Heating & Cooling technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 308-832-4321.