Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Chadron is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While MPC Heating & Cooling always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call MPC Heating & Cooling in Chadron at 308-832-4321 today.