Having regular air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Chadron summertime, have the professionals at MPC Heating & Cooling perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illegally discharging it to the air.
- Look for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call MPC Heating & Cooling today at 308-832-4321.