During the cold Chadron months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to MPC Heating & Cooling will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call MPC Heating & Cooling as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from MPC Heating & Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call MPC Heating & Cooling at 308-832-4321 or arrange an appointment with us online.