If you want to stay warm during the cold months in Chadron, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep running at its best. If you’ve already booked your yearly tune-up with MPC Heating & Cooling, you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance tricks to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work too hard and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t recommend this enough. It’s an easy way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if clutter has gathered or plants have dominated the area.
- To be sure your system is working properly, test your thermostat frequently. Turn it on and bit by bit increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to schedule a service with one of our technicians, call MPC Heating & Cooling at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.