When it’s cold in Chadron you depend on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like MPC Heating & Cooling.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you increased the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate a few different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and close off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at MPC Heating & Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.