As spring starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Chadron? Even if your air conditioning system is recently purchased or was working well last season.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to book any service for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system examined annually by a MPC Heating & Cooling technician can help find minor troubles before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outside, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up inside your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can cause increased energy consumption—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy expenses and over the long run, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine little troubles before they turn into large, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly inspect components and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into extensive issues that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your equipment is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for yearly maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your unit is vulnerable to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should include an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll check the ensuing areas and parts:
- Total system order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with MPC Heating & Cooling
Now is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our MPC Heating & Cooling pros a shout at 308-832-4321 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.