As springtime begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Chadron? Even if your cooling system is recently purchased or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a MPC Heating & Cooling technician can help spot minor issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps spot little troubles before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine parts and complete a series of air conditioning performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into big issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your unit is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Today with MPC Heating & Cooling
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our MPC Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 308-832-4321 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.