As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature continues to drop, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when it’s time to replace your furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a call at 308-832-4321 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving MPC Heating & Cooling in Chadron a call at 308-832-4321. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.