Make your life easier—start preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a drastic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your MPC Heating & Cooling pro each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of any moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your system, which can hamper airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the cold season, make sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in serious repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your MPC Heating & Cooling service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the MPC Heating & Cooling team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.