If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature accordingly.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call MPC Heating & Cooling in Chadron at 308-832-4321. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.