Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Chadron during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at MPC Heating & Cooling will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call MPC Heating & Cooling at 308-832-4321 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.