Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to give you the maximum benefits. Trained technicians can service your heating and cooling products to make sure they're working at their greatest potential and help prevent more expensive repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
The cost varies depending on the equipment size and different features, so we suggest contacting MPC Heating & Cooling at 308-832-4321 to obtain a quote.
With two-stage heating, furnaces may work on two different levels: high and low. Since you can heat your home on the low setting most of the time, a two-stage furnace can run longer and more efficiently. Two-stage heating also operates more quietly than traditional furnaces and can provide more even heat distribution and fewer temperature swings.
MPC Heating & Cooling offers many different brands and models that have advanced technology to assist with heating and cooling your home more efficiently. Technology in the newer HVAC systems gives more precision when it comes to meeting your home comfort needs. If you want more information, please contact our experts at 308-832-4321.
Modern furnaces are designed with a number of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems provide more even heating and are better at regulating airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another perk of modern furnaces is their ability to integrate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace operate more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently boosted the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact MPC Heating & Cooling at 308-832-4321 to learn the requirements for the Chadron area.
There are many ways to lower your energy costs and one of the best ways is to make sure you have an energy-efficient HVAC system. MPC Heating & Cooling offers many highly efficient products that will help reduce the amount of energy you are using and save you money. In addition to searching for products that have the Energy Star® certification, high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, here are some other factors to consider:
- Remember to schedule routine maintenance and have an experienced technician take a look at your system to confirm its running efficiently.
- If you have clear areas of your home that you need to heat or cool, you might consider a zoning system. This allows you to target that area and eliminates wasted energy on heating or cooling areas that aren't used.
- Programmable or smart thermostats make it easier to maintain your home comfort while not wasting energy to heat or cool your space if you aren't home. It is an easy way to reduce energy costs and once you set it, you can walk away and know its going to take care of your indoor comfort.
MPC Heating & Cooling has been serving the Chadron community for many years and has been delivering trustworthy and dependable service. Our service and the products we carry are of the highest quality and you will be satisfied with our solutions. Our well-trained team is here to help you achieve your ideal home comfort.
There are four things to consider when improving your indoor air quality:
- The indoor air quality in your home starts to suffer when the air begins filling up with air pollutants. The biggest concern is getting rid of these pollutants. Some to-dos to put on your weekly checklist is vacuuming, washing your linens and making sure any cleaning products are stored properly.
- Especially in newer homes, the insulation is installed so well that it might be difficult for these pollutants to leave the home. While it helps to keep your home warm or cool, depending on the season, its important to get some fresh air inside.
- Make sure that you have good ventilation and arrange routine maintenance on your system. And while that's very beneficial, you can also take your IAQ even further by using air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems to get rid of particles while eliminating chemical vapors.
- Smart or programmable thermostats can help control humidity levels as well as the temperature. This can help avert germs and other particles from collecting while preserving your home comfort.
Every home is different,, which is why we suggest that you contact our pros at MPC Heating & Cooling to find out which solution will be best for your space. Our experienced technicians will conduct a review of your current system and chat about what your ideal home comfort looks like. That will help us determine which products will be most effective.
It may come as a surprise that air conditioners don't technically make your home cooler; they actually remove the hot air and transfer it outside. This hot air blows across a refrigerant coil on the indoor unit and then is sent to the outdoor unit where it is released. Your air conditioner moves as much hot air outside as is necessary to reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat.
Minimum energy efficiency standards vary by region. Additionally, air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, have higher minimum efficiency levels than products manufactured prior to that date. The team at MPC Heating & Cooling can help you find out the minimum requirements for Chadron, let you know if your current products meets those requirements or help you find a replacement air conditioner that does.
Your systems service panel should have a white label on it, with your systems model and serial numbers at the top. M/N signifies the systems model number and S/N is the serial number.
Since equipment size needs are different for every home, the best way to find out the right size equipment for your home is to have a technician from MPC Heating & Cooling come out to perform load calculation tests. The tests take factors such as square footage, insulation value and amount, and more into account to determine your homes individual HVAC equipment needs.
Yes debris can limit your systems ability to function effectively. Its common for heat pumps to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but many include defrost controls so they can work efficiently regardless of the weather conditions.
When a cooling system uses two-stage cooling, it means that there are two levels of operation. This allows the system to work more efficiently since there is one level for milder weather and another for harsher weather that demands the system work harder. Two-stage cooling also enables slight temperature changes so you don't experience extreme differences in temperature. Aside from better efficiency, other benefits of two-stage cooling include quieter operation and better humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a variety of reasons, but the most frequent are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something you, the homeowner, can take care of; however, you'll want to call the professionals at MPC Heating & Cooling at 308-832-4321 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
MPC Heating & Cooling carries a number of great thermostat options for your HVAC systems. The best thermostat for you will depend on a variety of variables, such as whether you want one that's programmable or not. No matter what kind of thermostat you'd like or if you're in the market for something that can fit with a home automation system call MPC Heating & Cooling to hear about which thermostats you can choose from. Our team will help you find one thats best for your system, your family's needs and your budget.
A heat pump can tackle both your homes heating and cooling needs, offering you one HVAC system that can be used in all four seasons. During the warmer months, heat pumps act like an air conditioner, capturing the hot air from inside your home and transferring it outside; in the cooler months, this process is reversed. Heat pumps can be very energy efficient and may produce two to three times more heat than the energy used.
At MPC Heating & Cooling, we do recommend replacing both your indoor and outdoor units at the same time because:
- Nowadays, outdoor systems are built to work with their matching indoor system for the most efficiency. When you replace only one of your systems, you may not see the same energy efficiency levels as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological improvements, newer systems mean increased efficiency. This is true for HVAC products as well. While the advancements focus on improved heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are more than 10 years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely costing you money due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you lower your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.
Your home energy system could have a communication module that directs performance stats to an online site or portal. You can visit this to monitor your system's status, the amount of energy being produced and the positive influence you are having on the environment. You can also take a look at your owner's manual for recommendations on monitoring performance.
Rain will clean the modules naturally in most areas; however, if you live in a dusty area, you could see improved performance after periodically spraying the modules with water. Please note that high-pressure hoses and detergents should never be used to clean solar modules, as they can damage the product.
MPC Heating & Cooling can help you find the right thermostat for you based on your home and current heating and cooling equipment. We have a number of programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats, which can help increase the efficiency of your homes furnace and/or air conditioner. View our thermostats or give us a call at 308-832-4321 for more information.
A significant portion of your monthly energy costs can be attributed to your heating and cooling system. It makes sense, because our home comfort is a critical aspect of our day-to-day lives. Thankfully, there are high-efficiency solutions from MPC Heating & Cooling that can keep you comfortable while also decreasing energy costs. When it's time for you to shop for a new HVAC system, there are a couple things to consider. You'll want to select air conditioners with high SEER ratings and furnaces with high AFUE ratings. These ratings measure efficiency, so the larger the number the better off you'll be when it comes to saving on energy costs. You can also review these tips:
- Keep your system operating to its best ability by booking routine maintenance. It helps maintain efficiency and make sure everything is working properly.
- Consider a zoning system if you only have targeted rooms that need to be heated or cooled. There is no need to consume energy regulating the temperature in a room that is never, or rarely used.
- The U.S. Department of Energy says that programmable thermostats can save up to 35 percent on heating costs and 25 percent on cooling costs. There are a lot of programmable and smart thermostat products that are easy to use and vary in the type of features-so you can find an option that you are comfortable with.
A zoning system lets you parcel your house and heat or cool each part differently. While these systems function well for houses that have rooms that are infrequently used, they could also be beneficial in situations where you and your family disagree on the temperature in different parts of your residence. There are a collection of additional bonuses of zoning systems, like efficiency and comfort. Look through our selection of zoning systems or give MPC Heating & Cooling a ring to see how a zoning system could benefit your home.